23.09.2022
Tottenham chief Daniel Levy warned he could be ‘held to ransom’ next summer

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has been warned that Harry Kane could hold the club to ransom as his contract gets closer to its expiry date. The England captain has a contract at Spurs until 2024 and has been subject to transfer interest from Bayern Munich and Chelsea, after he did not get his desired move to Manchester City in 2021.

Rumours linking Kane to the Bundesliga side have surged as the striker is reportedly their top target for next summer, when he will have just one year left on his current deal. Former Spurs goalkeeper Paul Robinson has claimed that Tottenham need to tie Kane down to a new contract before the World Cup or risk being held to ransom.

“It is a situation that has to be addressed now,” Robinson told Football Insider. They have to start contract talks with him now. There is no better time to start. Spurs have not won or achieved anything yet but they are going places under Antonio Conte. They are competing at the top. I think now is the time to open contract talks. The club is in a decent situation.

“They need to look after themselves as well as the player. They cannot afford to be held to ransom next summer when he has just 12 months left on his deal. The club simply have to start negotiations before the World Cup starts. The club is in a strong position to do so. Look at where they are in all competitions. The club has never been in a better position.”

Bayern boss Julian Nagelsmann has previously lavished praise on Kane, although admitted that the 29-year-old may be out of his side’s price range. “He’s very expensive that’s the problem,” Nagelsmann said.

“But brilliant player, one of two or three who can play as a centre forward [as well as a] number ten, but he’s very strong, brilliant with [his] head and both feet. He could score a lot in the Bundesliga, I don’t know the price, but it’s really tough for Bayern Munich. We’ll see what happens in the future.”

If Kane did have just one year left on his contract and had no plans to pen a new deal at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium he would be more attainable for Bayern.

Though they would have to negotiate with the tough Levy, who denied Kane the chance to work with Pep Guardiola just over a year ago.

The German side’s CEO Oliver Kahn has also previously said that a move for Kane would be “a dream”, telling Bild: “He’s under contract with Tottenham. Sure, an absolute top striker, but that’s all a dream of the future.”

Добавить комментарий

Американская корпорация Apple допрашивала сотрудников сети своих розничных магазинов об…
0
Российская экспортная нефть марки Urals в сентябре торговалась в Европе…
0
По данным исследования «Контур.Маркета» продажи водки и другого крепкого алкоголя…
0
05.10.2022
Trump praises King Charles’ ‘strong views’ but admits they could hinder him ‘politically’
Donald Trump has expressed words of support for King Charles III while speaking to Laurence Fox on GB News. He…
0
05.10.2022
‘She might be right!’ Ex-POTUS Donald Trump praises Liz Truss over tax-cutting mini-budget
Donald Trump has praised Liz Truss just days after the Prime Minister was forced to scrap her plan to abolish…
0
  • 1 час, 1 минута назад 05.10.2022Sport
    Heavyweight boxing world champion Mike Tyson winds back the clock with an impressive training video

    Just weeks after being pictured in a wheelchair, boxing legend Mike Tyson has shared ferocious footage of himself in the ring – displaying impressive speed and power.

    Tyson, who was been officially retired since 2005, posted the clip to Instagram on Wednesday morning of him hitting pads with his trainer Rafael Cordeiro.

    The former heavyweight champion of the world looked to be fighting fit as he punched, ducked and weaved during the workout – captioning the clip: ‘Roll with the punches.’

    The 56-year-old has suffered with health issues in recent months and was pictured being wheeled through Miami Airport in a wheelchair in August.

    Tyson explained that he’s been suffering from a ‘sciatica flare-up’, a medical condition relating to the lower back, which is said to be an ‘old issue’.

    He has previously revealed back pain made him quit boxing – and a serious flare-up in 2020 left him in tears and bed-bound for two weeks.

    More recently, Iron Mike has spoken morbidly about how he expects his death to come ‘really soon’ while speaking to a trauma and addiction therapist.

    ‘We are all gonna die one day, of course,’ Tyson said.

    ‘Then, when I look in the mirror, I see those little spots on my face, I say, “Wow. That means my expiration date is coming close, really soon”.’

    Tyson made a stunning return to boxing in November 2020, more than 15 years after he announced his retirement from the sport.

    Tyson had an eight-round exhibition with fellow American boxing legend Roy Jones Jr, 53, on a pay-per-view which sold a reported 1.6million packages.

    It later emerged in late 2021 that Tyson was in negotiations for a big money fight with YouTuber Logan Paul.

    Tyson’s latest workout video has received more than 15,000 comments since it was shared with his 19.4 million followers – some of those messages are from rock stars, actors and fellow athletes.

    ‘This is a 56 year old man… I can’t even do this at 28,’ said one Instagram user

    ‘Real talk, at his age still with that strength and speed, THE GOAT!’ insisted another.

    Others seemed to be more concerned about the safety of Tyson’s trainer.

    ‘Hope that dude is getting paid well,’ commented one person

    ‘Bro hell nah. Ain’t no way he getting paid enough for that weekly beat down,’ added another.

    Cordeiro, who trained Tyson for his 2020 bout, claimed at the time that, despite his age, Tyson has the intensity, speed and power of a 21-year-old.

    ‘As soon as we started training I said ‘My Lord’. I didn’t know what to expect from a guy who hasn’t hit mitts for – I think – almost ten years.

    ‘So I didn’t expect to see what I saw – I saw a guy with the same speed, the same power as a guy who is 21, 22-years-old.

    ‘And I can tell; you would have to be a good guy to spar with Mike, because if you don’t prepare, he is going to drop you for sure – 100%. The power is different level.’

    0
  • 1 час, 1 минута назад 05.10.2022Sport
    MLB fan jumps over the railings for Aaron Judge’s home run No. 62 ball but epically fails

    Lost in the madness of Aaron Judge hitting his record breaking 62nd homerun was one fan who risked it all to catch the long ball, but ended up catching nothing but air.

    Judge finally surpassed Roger Maris’ American League single-season home run record by hitting his 62nd of the season to become the all-time leader.

    During the first inning Judge sent a slider just over the left field wall to finally break Maris’ AL homerun record.

    What many may not have spotted was one fan who attempted to scale over the guard rail of the wall as the ball neared closer. The fan ironically ended up being at least 10 seats away from where the ball actually landed.

    To make matters worse he was then seen jumping from the guard rail to the ground behind the left field fence.

    Fans who witnessed the dangerous leap on social media speculated that he was attempting to position himself in case the fan who ultimately caught the ball dropped it, or the ball fell short of his grasp.

    According to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News, the fan did not obtain any injuries, but was escorted out of the stadium by security for jumping the guardrail.

    According to USA Today the fan who did catch the ball was escorted away by security, sense according to reports the ball is worth at least $2 million.

    After equaling Maris with his 61st in Toronto on September 28, Judge overtook him in Texas with a first-inning homer against the Rangers – taking the record with just one game to go of the regular season.

    Judge finally went long after failing to clinch the achievement at Yankee Stadium last week, leaving it to the team’s final road trip of the season to seal history.

    He finally made history Tuesday night against Jesus Tinoco of the Texas Rangers in the second game of the Yankees double header.

    The Yankees gathered to meet Judge at home plate after the home run, and he took off his helmet as he walked back to the dugout to acknowledge the fans.

    The fans at the Globe Life Field gave the No. 99 a standing ovation at the bottom of the inning as he took to the field.

    Across the whole of Major League Baseball, Judge’s 62nd home run of the season takes him to sixth on the all-time list, behind Barry Bonds (73), Mark McGwire (70, 65) and Sammy Sosa (66, 64, 63), although media reports have previously linked all three with performance-enhancing drug use.

    0
  • 1 час, 1 минута назад 05.10.2022Sport
    Fan who caught Aaron Judge’s home run No 62 ball ‘has already received offers of $2MILLION’

    Aaron Judge finally broke the single-season AL home run record Tuesday night, and the fan who caught the piece of history will likely be in for a massive payday.

    The fan who caught the home run ball, which was hit in the first inning in Texas vs. the Rangers, was seen being escorted away from his seat by security and has already received offers of $2 million, according to Front Office Sports.

    The lucky attendee has been identified as a man named Corey Youmans.

    Youmans was asked was asked what he was going to do with the ball after he secured the valuable artifact.

    ‘That’s a good question, I haven’t thought about it,’ he said.

    Judge tied the 61-year record last week vs. the Blue Jays, before Yankees fans who wanted to see him break the record at home vs. the Orioles were left disappointed.

    Based on previous estimates by one expert, Youmans would be wise to hold out for more than $2 million.

    ‘With that said, we can expect Judge’s 60th to be valued at $500,000-plus, 61st at $2 million-plus, 62 and record-setting at $5 to $10 million.’

    0
  • 3 часа назад 05.10.2022Sport
    Conor Coady set to stay at Everton despite Wolves change of manager

    Conor Coady’s loan to Everton is not affected by Wolves’ change of manager and the Goodison Park club intend to make his switch permanent.

    The England international has been outstanding since he left Molineux early in the season, relishing the chance to play consistently again after he has been axed from the starting line-up by Bruno Lage.

    Coady has been a huge figure for Wolves but there is no suggestion he can – or will be recalled – from Merseyside nor is there any indication that he wants to go back.

    It is understood a fee of £10million will secure Coady’s services full time and it is Everton’s ambition to have that deal done before the end of the current campaign.

    Manager Frank Lampard has been thrilled with how the 29-year-old has had a positive impact on his dressing room and does not want to lose him.

    0
  • 3 часа назад 05.10.2022Sport
    Tennis star Nick Kyrgios wins at Japan Open amid court dramas with ex-girlfriend Chiara Passari

    Nick Kyrgios has revealed how he had to overcome breathing problems before breezing into the second round of the Japan Open.

    Australia’s Wimbledon finalist was back in impressive business on court in Tokyo on Tuesday while in his home city of Canberra, his lawyer was in court applying to have his charge for alleged assault against former girlfriend Chiara Passari dismissed on mental health grounds.

    The common assault charge relates to an incident in January 2021 that was reported to ACT police in December.

    Kyrgios’s lawyer Michael Kukulies-Smith said the tennis player’s mental health history since 2015 made the application appropriate, citing a number of public statements made by the world No.20.

    The offence carries a maximum jail sentence of two years if convicted.

    Kyrgios, who’s set to appear in person at the next hearing in February, was evidently not distracted by events back in Australia as he saved a break point in his opening game before going on to an emphatic 6-3, 6-1 victory against Taiwan’s Chun-Hsin Tseng in the Ariake Colosseum.

    But Australia’s no.1 admitted afterwards that his early struggle in the 66-minute rout had been down to a touch of breathlessness as well as ring rust in his first tournament since his US Open quarter-final exit.

    Telling reporters how he’d found it difficult to breathe because of the high humidity and different air conditions compared to back home, Kyrgios also noted how the courts were speeding up – something he feels will work to his advantage as he seeks his second title of the year.

    Kyrgios has to be careful, having also struggled with asthma at the start of the season, with the condition forcing him to pull out of a warm-up match before the Australian Open.

    In Tokyo, though, the best server on tour this year dropped only four more points on his own delivery after his first-game struggles, winning 25 of 29 points on first serve.

    ‘I played really solid,’ said the No.5 seed in the tournament.

    ‘I came out a bit slow, but I don’t play many matches so it’s hard to just get straight back into that competitive flow. But as soon as I held the first game I kind of found my form again and played really well.

    ‘The court is obviously playing faster compared to normal hard court events. I’m not complaining about that – I think big servers and guys who like to take the ball early and have flat backhands, it suits our game style.

    ‘It’s fun tennis to watch, people playing aggressive and coming to the net and serving big. I think that’s the type of tennis that fans like to see sometimes. The court’s probably faster than average, but I like it,’ said Kyrgios.

    It was Kyrgios’s 36th win of his breakthrough season, and sets him up to maintain his top-20 position as he gets ready to face Poland’s Kamil Majchrzak in the next round.

    He was the sole Australian survivor, though, as Alex de Minaur went down 6-3 6-2 to Kwon Soonwoo and Thanasi Kokkinakis fell 6-4 7-6 (7-4) to ninth seed Borna Coric.

    0
  • 3 часа назад 05.10.2022Sport
    Mathew Barzal commits to the New York Islanders with a eight-year $73.2m contract extension

    Mathew Barzal has committed himself to being a star player for the New York Islanders for a long time to come.

    The superstar center has signed an eight-year contract extension worth $73.2 million. The deal kicks in after this season, and will see Barzal pocket an average of $9.15 million annually.

    The deal means Barzal will stay with the team that drafted him through what will be his prime years with a contract that will not expire until 2031.

    ‘It’s one of those days you’re never gonna forget,’ Barzal told reporters.

    ‘Called my parents last night when I got done. Anytime your mom’s got a tear in her eye, you either did something really good or something really bad.’

    Barzal’s commitment helps the Islanders greatly in terms of reestablishing themselves as an attractive location for future free agents. Ever since John Tavares departed the team in 2018 the Islanders have missed out on a number of their top free agent targets.

    During Tuesday’s conversation, Barzal took some time to praise both the organization, as well as the area when discussing why he chose to remain an Islander.

    ‘I love it here. I genuinely do,’ Barzal said. ‘I think anyone that plays here knows, I think it’s one of the top places to play in the league.’

    ‘From the rink we have, the practice rink, UBS [Arena], the boys in the room, Lou [Lamoriello] being here, fresh coaching staff and the city itself, 30 minutes from New York City, the lifestyle is elite.’

    ‘I’ve loved it here. Literally every minute. There’s really no other place I’d rather be.’

    According to Barzal, negotiations started about two months ago between his agent and Lou Lamoriello, the team’s president.

    At the start of training camp, Barzal said that he was willing to negotiate during the season, but both sides had expressed interest in having a deal done before October 13.

    Barzal now joins Adam Pelech and Ryan Pulock as the only members of the Islanders signed through 2029, a list he hopes the team can add more players to.

    ‘Hopefully we can get some more guys locked in in the next couple years and just ride with this group,’ Barzal said.

    ‘I feel confident. I think anytime you go to war with guys that are your best buddies and in your bachelor parties and at your weddings, you want to win for each other. And that bond, I feel like we have a real strong bond here.’

    ‘I can’t wait to spend the next eight years with these guys. Hopefully we can win and have that and bring that [Stanley Cup] home. Bring that back to Long Island.’

    0
  • Загрузить еще
03.10.2022
Fed’s Powell slides into tough cop role
Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell is going where no central bank chief has gone in decades: whacking the economy and…
0
30.09.2022
Jay Powell takes on the world
Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell is waging a relentless battle against inflation that threatens to leave a path of destruction…
0

Sport Tottenham chief Daniel Levy warned he could be 'held to ransom' next summer