23.09.2022
Jack Grealish ‘had sex with woman on same night she was raped by Mendy’s ‘fixer”

England star Jack Grealish had sex with a woman at a party held at Man City team-mate Benjamin Mendy’s luxury home, where she says she was later raped by another man, a court heard today.

Grealish is said to have got together with the woman, aged 23, who subsequently in that night was sexually violated by Mendy’s co-accused, Louis Saha Matturie, it is alleged.

They had all met at China White in Manchester and got a coach back to the mansion, Chester Crown Court was told, where Grealish ‘demanded vodka’.

Mendy, 28 and Matturie, 41, deny multiple rape and sexual offences against a number of young women.

Grealish was named during a police interview given by a woman and played to the jury.

The woman, aged 17 at the time, alleges she was raped twice by Mendy, the same evening of the party at his house in Prestbury, Cheshire last August.

She said she was told by a different woman, allegedly raped by Matturie, that she had also had sex with Grealish.

The teenage woman added Mendy raped her twice at his home during the gathering, where Mendy’s friends and Grealish’s friends, from Birmingham, were also present.

She told police Matturie asked her to the nightclub in Manchester in the early hours of last August 23.

She arrived at around 3.30am and was outside the club shortly before Mendy and Matturie left.

She said: ‘They were with Jack Grealish. There were a few girls around him but they were taking pictures and video with his friends.

‘The club did not like that. They wanted the pics to be deleted.

‘There was a bit of a talking to. It took a while for them to come out.’

The teenager got a taxi with three other girls and one of Matturie’s friends, and passed around drink on the way to Mendy’s house, where the girls had their mobile phones taken away before going inside, the court was told.

She said: ‘There were already two girls on the couch. They were sat next to Jack. He was already on the couch.’

Matturie then led the 23-year-old woman away ‘hand in hand’ to get more alcohol because, the witness told police, ‘Jack had been demanding vodka’.

On Tuesday the case heard the teenager had told police she woke up to discover Mendy’s friend and ‘fixer’ Matturie raping her.

The young woman, at the time aged 17, said she had gone to Matturie’s flat near Manchester city centre with a friend in the early hours of April 8 last year.

Matturie, 41, and another man, identified only by the name ‘Ghost’ or ‘G’, was also there and the four of them spent time playing cards, Chester Crown Court heard.

She then said she became tired and Matturie told her she could use the spare bedroom to sleep.

But she was later awoken by being fondled before being raped, she said.

The young woman said she thought the person ‘spooning’ her from behind was the man known as Ghost, but the person had a hood up over his face and did not say anything to her.

It was only after the alleged attack finished and he got up that she realised it was Matturie, she said.

‘I started crying,’ she told police in a video interview played to the jury.

‘I just sat there for a moment, ‘What the hell!’ I ran out crying.

‘When it was happening, I was not properly awake. There was a point where I properly woke up and he got off me.

‘It doesn’t sound like a big deal but it was horrible at the time.’

But Lisa Wilding KC, defending Matturie, questioned the witness’s version of events.

The court heard in March last year, a month before Matturie had allegedly raped the 17-year-old, her friend, aged 19, had told her that she woke up being raped by the defendant.

Under cross-examination Lisa Wilding KC, defending Matturie, asked the teenager: ‘She was saying Saha was a rapist. After she told you that, you carried on going back to the flat?’

‘Yes,’ she replied.

Ms Wilding suggested she was fully aware of who she was having sex with and it was consensual.

She said police later found an email on the teenager’s phone from a company titled Compensation Experts.

Ms Wilding continued: ‘Was it about what you say happened with Saha?’

‘No,’ she replied.

Ms Wilding said: ‘You have deliberately lied about what happened that night and lied to support your friend in her claim against Saha.’

‘No,’ the teenager replied.

Prosecutors have alleged Mendy is a ‘predator’ who, ‘turned the pursuit of women for sex into a game’ while Matturie, his friend and ‘fixer’, is alleged to have had the job of finding young women for sex.

Mendy denies seven counts of rape, one count of attempted rape and one count of sexual assault against six young women.

Matturie of Eccles, Salford, denies six counts of rape and three counts of sexual assault relating to seven young women.

Both men say if any sex did take place with women or girls it was consensual.

The trial continues.

Добавить комментарий

Тренер сборной России по боксу Эдуарда Кравцов прокомментировал новость о…
0
Хавбек московского «Локомотива» и сборной России Дмитрий Баринов признался, что…
0
Полузащитник любительского футбольного клуба «Амкал» Михаил Прокопьев (Прокоп) проходит просмотр…
0
25.09.2022
Labour takes on Liz Truss with major policy blitz
But the Labour leader faces criticism from within his own party over his refusal to back strikers – as a…
0
25.09.2022
‘Be bolder!’ Andy Burnham launches attack on Starmer as he admits leadership hopes
Andy Burnham warned Labour needed to be “bolder” as he criticised Sir Keir Starmer for being too timid in his…
0
  • 45 минут назад 25.09.2022Sport
    Borussia Dortmund star Jude Bellingham could be available for just ‘£83 million next summer’

    Jude Bellingham could be available for just ‘£83 million’ next summer so ‘long as the fee is paid in full up front’.

    The 19-year-old has established himself as one of the most exciting young players in world football, with 100 caps for Borussia Dortmund and 16 for England already.

    He was widely praised as one of England’s few bright sparks in their 1-0 loss to Italy on Friday night.

    According to reports in The Sun, Manchester City and Liverpool are both targeting the midfielder, who could be available for ‘£50m less than the £135m previously expected to be Dortmund’s price so long as the fee is fully paid up front.’

    They also report that Bellingham remains close with Erling Haaland, with the Norwegian striker promoting life at the Etihad to his former teammate.

    City have already brought in a top midfielder in Kalvin Phillips, but doubts over the futures of Ilkay Gundogan and Bernardo Silva make Bellingham an excellent option for the Premier League champions.

    For Liverpool, their recent injury struggles have brought their lack of depth into focus. The reds are currently missing four key midfielders, and their results have been affected by absences this season.

    Bringing in Bellingham could help Liverpool mitigate against future injury crises and begin to futureproof an ageing squad.

    Manchester United are also said to be interested in the England star, but would need to qualify for the Champions League this season to have a realistic chance of signing him.

    0
  • 45 минут назад 25.09.2022Sport
    Sky Sports ‘want to rival Netflix to produce a Drive To Survive-style doc for the Premier League’

    Sky Sports are aiming to rival Netflix to make a Drive to Survive-style documentary for the Premier League, according to reports.

    The Premier League and the company behind the hugely successful Formula One doc are said to be set for talks in the coming days about a brand new behind-the-scenes project.

    And as reported by the Telegraph, if the idea goes ahead, US-owned Sky – the English top-flight’s biggest broadcast partner – want to be in contention to produce it.

    Box-to-box – the production company for an Amazon documentary on Steven Gerrard titled Make us Dream – are thought to have contacted all 20 clubs in the division individually over the potential project.

    Any project, though, would hinge on each and every one of the 20 clubs coming to an agreement and deciding on the extent of access they are prepared to allow filming crews.

    Sky, owned by US company Comcast, have a three-year rights package with the Premier League worth £3.6billion.

    Perhaps strangely, Sky has insisted smash hit Drive to Survive was itself the main reason for the recent explosion of F1, despite viewing figures for the sport increasing by 40 per cent since the show’s launch.

    Instead, they claim their coverage has been a key factor in that surge in popularity.

    So far, documentaries about Premier League sides have stuck to just one club, with Manchester City, Tottenham and most recently Arsenal made by Amazon Prime in the ‘All or Nothing’ series.

    That series has also included Brazil’s national team, New Zealand’s All Blacks rugby union side.

    Given that the Premier League has become one of the world’s leading sporting brands, with 3.2billion viewers tuning in in 2019-20 alone, it is hard to believe that the purpose of a series would be to ensnare a new generation of fans.

    But with the success of sporting documentaries in the USA, the potential to harness potential new markets would likely bring financial incentives to the 20 sides involved.

    A documentary series, backed by the broadcasting power of Netflix could also serve to drive up the Premier League’s international broadcast rights value, which is thought to be the path of greatest growth potential for the division.

    And with Netflix announcing a 200,000 decline in subscribers earlier this year, a project could serve to benefit both parties, as well as bring fans an unrivalled look at the inner workings of the league.

    Brandon Riegg, Netflix’s head of unscripted programming and documentaries, told Bloomberg earlier this year that tennis, golf and F1 series helped the streaming giant ‘recruit folks who’d never watched sports or never watched Formula One’.

    Riegg also mentioned successful highlights programmes for American football and basketball that have been running in the US for decades, saying: ‘How long has Inside the NFL been going on? Or Inside the NBA? We’re trying to build that same virtuous cycle.’

    0
  • 45 минут назад 25.09.2022Sport
    Manchester United receive potential boost in pursuit of Atletico Madrid’s Jan Oblak

    Manchester United have received a potential boost in their pursuit of Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Jan Oblak.

    According to The Mirror, Atletico have identified Aston Villa’s Emiliano Martinez as a potential replacement should Oblak depart.

    Oblakis widely regarded as one of the standout shot-stoppers in world football.

    United have been linked with a move for Oblak, with the 29-year-old seen as a possible replacement for David de Gea.

    In the summer Oblak signed a new deal with Atletico that is set to run until the end of June 2028.

    Oblak has frequently impressed for Atletico and possesses much experience of playing in the Champions League.

    He has made 360 appearances in total for Atletico since joining the club in 2014.

    Martinez has only played twice in the Champions League, with those two appearances coming for Arsenal in the 2014-15, but he has made a major impact for Aston Villa in the Premier League since leaving the Gunners in 2020.

    0
  • 46 минут назад 25.09.2022Sport
    Harry Redknapp reveals wife Sandra was ‘struggling for breath’ after serious bout of Covid-19

    Harry Redknapp has recalled how he feared for his wife Sandra when she was struggling with a serious bout of Covid-19.

    Redknapp stated that Sandra was struggling to breathe and had difficulty swallowing food.

    The former Tottenham, West Ham and Portsmouth manager added that the situation was ‘a real worry’.

    As reported by The Sun, Redknapp said: ‘The symptoms weren’t good, if I’m truthful.

    ‘You start to think about all kinds of sinister things. It’s been a real worry.

    ‘Sandra has suffered. Her voice had packed up and she was struggling for breath.

    ‘Even swallowing food became difficult. She could choke on food easily if we weren’t careful.’

    Sandra added that she felt Covid attacked previous surgery which she had on her neck.

    Her voice was weak, with her vocal cords not working properly.

    Sandra said: ‘I think Covid attacked previous surgery that I’d had on my neck.

    ‘You don’t realise what your vocal cords do until they’re not working, because it affects breathing as well as talking.

    ‘The shortness of breath was very difficult. My voice would vibrate and was very weak.’

    Redknapp, who was most recently in charge of Birmingham, announced his retirement from management in 2017.

    0
  • 46 минут назад 25.09.2022Sport
    Harry Kane’s personal physio, who has helped him avoid injury for three years, is ‘genius of a man’

    Harry Kane is aiming to ensure he is ready for the World Cup by working with a doctor hailed as a ‘genius of a man’ by golfer Justin Rose.

    The Tottenham and England striker revealed this week he has used the medical guru for three years to help overcome the ankle and hamstring injuries that threatened to blight his career.

    And according to the Telegraph, that man is Dr Alejandro Elorriaga Claraco – who helped Rose win the 2013 US Open with ‘intense’ acupuncture sessions.

    In 2018-19 and 2019-20, Spurs superstar Kane made 40 and 34 appearances in all competitions respectively amid ankle ligament and hamstring issues.

    But he has stayed relatively injury-free in the last two campaigns – 49 and 50 appearances in all competitions – and he admitted on Thursday before England’s loss against Italy that part of that is down to the Canada-based Elorriaga.

    Kane has personally, at his own expense and (previously) secretly hired the sports medicine specialist to help him, outside the work of Tottenham’s medical department and not at the club training ground, for a week every month.

    The Three Lions captain, 29, said Elorriaga came recommended by ‘another athlete’, which may or may not be Rose, given the Spaniard works with numerous sports stars, including multiple gold medallists.

    But Kane, a big golf fan, has met Rose on several occasions, with the 42-year-old insisting Elorriaga contributed to his success.

    He told the Times: ‘Then there is Alejandro Elorriaga, a genius of a man. With him I do between 50 and 100 hours of acupuncture each year. It is very intensive. He’ll come for a day or two and basically do a short MoT of my body for eight to 10 hours a day.

    ‘I sometimes think it’s like [ten-pin] bowling with the bumpers up. If I veer left or right, there is somebody to edge me back on to track.’

    Kane did not name-check Elorriaga specifically, but said: ‘I did my hamstring in January against Southampton away on New Year’s Day 2020 and since then I’ve found this new physio and we’ve been working together for nearly three years now.

    ‘He’s been really great for me, we’ve worked for hours and hours over the three years, built up a really good relationship and I feel like he’s really helped me get my body.

    ‘I’ve seen changes in my body in terms of what my ankles were like before and now after. I’m in a totally different place so it’s really pleasing.

    ‘I started seeing him through a friend, another athlete that I knew. Personal, away from Tottenham but the club know about him.

    ‘I’ll use him maybe one week of the month. He doesn’t live in the UK so he comes over one week a month and stays with me.’

    0
  • 46 минут назад 25.09.2022Sport
    Marcus Rashford is ‘surprised’ by Cristiano Ronaldo’s desire to help him improve

    Cristiano Ronaldo has been giving Marcus Rashford ‘constructive criticism about his positioning on the pitch’, according to reports.

    Ronaldo has made just one Premier League start this season and has failed to score in the English top-flight. As a result, Rashford has been picked ahead of him.

    Rashford is said to be ‘surprised’ by Ronaldo’s willingness to help him improve after he took the 37-year-old’s place in Erik ten Hag’s starting XI.

    Ronaldo’s training tips are said to be ‘genuine’ and the 37-year-old is reportedly keen to help Rashford ‘improve’ and ‘succeed’.

    A source told The Sun: ‘Ronaldo has been a bit of a pain in the dressing room and some of the players have been frustrated about the fact he missed pre-season and has been sulking around Carrington.

    ‘But since the transfer window closed, his attitude has improved and he has been very helpful with Marcus.

    ‘He’s been spending time with him, talking about the game and giving his constructive criticism about positioning on the pitch.

    ‘Marcus has been a bit surprised by it because it’s always difficult when you’re playing and a team-mate isn’t and you’re both fighting for the same position.

    ‘But the relationship between the pair has never been better and Marcus knows he can learn a lot from him.

    ‘He’s grateful for the advice and for the fact that Ronaldo seems genuine in that he wants Marcus to improve and succeed.’

    Rashford, 24, has established himself as Ten Hag’s first choice up front after scoring three goals and registering two assists in six games.

    Meanwhile, Ronaldo – who scored an impressive 24 goals last season – has failed to score a Premier League goal this season.

    His first goal of the season came from the penalty spot during United’s Europa League clash with Sheriff Tiraspo last week.

    0
  • Загрузить еще
13.09.2022
U.S. inflation falls for 2nd straight month on lower gas costs
Sharply lower prices for gas and cheaper used cars slowed U.S. inflation in August for a second straight month, though…
0
02.09.2022
G-7 announces price cap deal on Russian oil in win for Yellen
Finance ministers from the Group of Seven major economies announced an agreement Friday to impose a cap on the price…
0

Sport Jack Grealish 'had sex with woman on same night she was raped by Mendy's 'fixer''