Influencers Elle Ferguson and Joel Patfull sensationally quit The Block Tree Change during filming for the upcoming season earlier this year.
And now it can be revealed that Sydney-based couple Rachel Carr and her husband Ryan will be the couples’ replacements.
In photos exclusively obtained by Daily Mail Australia, Rachel, a successful hair and makeup artist, is seen ordering supplies from a Reece Plumbing store in Melbourne.
She wore a pink and navy hi-vis shirt as she carried her supplies before getting into a car printed with The Block logo.
Rachel is starring on the series with her plumber husband Ryan.
The couple own a home design and renovation company called The RR Design Co and have been renovating properties for over 15 years.
It is understood Rachel and Ryan are Sydney based couple, with three children.
Makeup artist Rachel has a celebrity clientele, including Amy Shark, Tones and I and Kate Cebrano.
The couple are replacing fashion influencer Elle and her footy star fiancé Joel, who pulled out of the competition just 48 hours into filming.
The couple made the difficult decision to leave after Joel’s mother Trish fractured her neck during a fall at her home in Adelaide.
Joel’s mother reportedly broke her coccyx and fractured her wrist.
Following their exit, Elle, 36, shared a photo to Instagram of the pair’s suitcases at Melbourne Airport, and captioned it: ‘Wherever you are in the world, whatever you are doing, family always comes first.’
A Channel Nine spokesperson confirmed their departure to Daily Mail Australia, saying: ‘Over the weekend, we were surprised to have one of our new contestant teams depart The Block a few days into filming for the upcoming season.
‘We wish them all the best for the future and we’re excited to cast two new Aussies for the opportunity of a lifetime on The Block. The Block Tree Change will air as scheduled later this year.’
Host Scott Cam has since accused the pair of fleeing The Block in the middle of the night and giving no explanation for their departure.
He rubbished their excuse, telling News.com.au that while Joel’s mother did injure herself before filming began, this wasn’t the excuse the couple gave for throwing in the towel.
In fact, he claims, they didn’t give any excuse at all.
‘They didn’t give us a reason why they were leaving. They never mentioned anything to us about visiting their sick mother,’ the long-time host said on Tuesday.
‘We flew them to Adelaide before The Block started for a week, and put them up in a hotel so they could see [Joel’s mother], and they came back and said everything’s fine,’ he added.
‘They never spoke to us [about quitting]; they just left in the middle of the night.’
Scott went on to claim the couple ‘never mentioned’ Joel’s ailing mother ‘in the 48 hours before they left, or after they left’.
Speaking to TV Week on Monday, Scott also insisted The Block would have been prepared to temporarily shut down production to accommodate the couple’s visit to see Joel’s mother, if they had been made aware of the situation.
‘Of course, family comes first on The Block – we’ve stopped production before when people have had family emergencies,’ he said.
‘And of course, I wasn’t referring to somebody going to visit their sick mother… It was because they’d given us no reason.’
Scott previously said at the Logie Awards that Elle and Joel giving up so soon into the competition was ‘unAustralian’ and ‘p**s poor’.
He told TV Tonight: ‘We had a 48-hour challenge to choose the house that you get and they scarpered after 48 hours. It’s something that’s never happened before.’
‘Forty-five thousand people applied to be on The Block and win life-changing money. These guys got on and they just couldn’t handle the pace after 48 hours,’ he continued.
‘Which to me is a bit unAustralian! Have a go! It’s p**s poor.’
Scott reportedly told the other contestants Elle and Joel left because the renovation show wasn’t ‘on brand’ for them as Bondi influencers.
He also said they had complained ‘the toilet paper was too scratchy’.