Jesse Lingard could be on the cusp of a Manchester United exit amid reports the player’s representatives have held discussions with Ligue 1 side Nice.
According to Sky Sports, the 28-year-old doesn’t know for certain if he will be allowed to depart United in the January transfer window.
But Lingard has struggled for any sort of regular action in the past 12 months. While he started the FA Cup win over Watford at the weekend, he hasn’t been named in the first-team line-up for a Premier League game in over a year.
Indeed Lingard, who has 24 England caps to his name, has only made three appearances all season under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and those matches have all been domestic cup games.
A lack of regular minutes appeared to hinder Lingard’s display against Watford at Old Trafford at the weekend and United legend Rio Ferdinand said that the squad players on show failed to impress.
‘This game was about opportunities for the fringe players,’ Ferdinand said. ‘He’s not a fringe player but (Scott) McTominay was probably the only player who performed to the standard you expect or exceeded that.
‘Maybe a missed opportunity for those trying to force their way into the manager’s plans on a more regular basis. But the most important thing was to get into the next round.’
Last month, United triggered an automatic one-year contract extension to Lingard’s deal, which now runs until the summer of 2022, to avoid him leaving for free in the summer.
But he seems surplus to requirements under Solskjaer’s current set-up which, despite a stuttering start to the season, has taken United to the top of the Premier League table.
They defeated Burnley 1-0 on Tuesday night to leapfrog Liverpool to top spot in the standings and they face Jurgen Klopp’s men on Sunday at Anfield.
Nice, meanwhile, currently sit 13th in Ligue 1 but are nine points clear of the drop zone in France.
A series of urgent meetings have been set up between the Premier League, captains and managers to address the new Covid protocols - amid fears that continued non-compliance may trigger government intervention.
As Sportsmail revealed last week, a series of stringent measures were sent to clubs in the wake of the new strain of the pandemic.
Players were told that they should avoid hugging, high-fives and handshakes, with sanctions promised for breaches. However, top flight matches since the protocols were sent out have seen repeated instances of group hugs following goals. Sheffield United and both Manchester clubs are among those to have celebrated as normal.
Sportsmail can reveal that the ongoing situation has prompted worried Premier League officials to take action.
They will hold a series of calls with captains, managers and key staff – thought to be safety officers – on Thursday and Friday.
Four summits will be held on each afternoon. On the calls they are expected to be reminded of the new protocols, the reasoning behind them and the potential impact that repeated non-compliance could have.
Alec Baldwin looked to be taking things in stride as his classic BMW broke down in the Hamptons neighborhood of Amagansett, New York on Tuesday.
The 62-year-old star kept warm in his native Long Island in a navy blue coat with a black short, dark blue jeans and black loafers.
The 30 Rock star's grey locks were neatly parted to the side on the weekday outing as his vintage luxury vehicle broke down.
The Academy Award nominee eventually got a hand from a mechanic he's friendly with, as they popped open the hood of the car and broke out jumper cables for the occasion.
Alec, who won an Emmy for his Saturday Night Live impression of President Donald Trump, has been renting a home in the neighborhood to quarantine from wife Hilaria and their five kids amid the COVID-19 pandemic, a source told Page Six.
Baldwin has been commuting to work between Long Island and New York City amid a project he's involved with, a source told the outlet.
The Glengarry Glen Ross actor said last month in an Instagram post that the grind has not been 'a lot of fun' as he racks up miles working amid the ongoing pandemic.
'I'm here in this guesthouse that's near our house, that I'm staying in when I'm quarantining,' he said. 'I go into New York and work a little bit and come back and have to quarantine here for a few days.'
Baldwin and Hilaria are parents to five children - daughter Carmen, seven, and sons Rafael, five, Leonardo, four, Romeo, two, and Eduardo, four months.
Baldwin was spotted out amid the ongoing scandal surrounding his wife's Spanish heritage after a social media threat pointed out inconsistencies in stories Hilaria had told the media about her upbringing.
A number of her childhood peers said she grew up in Boston under the name Hillary Hayward-Thomas, and did not speak with a Spanish accent in those years. She was seen in a 2015 Today show clip seemingly forgetting the world 'cucumber' in a cooking segment, which became a social media focal point as the scandal contained to make headlines.
She told the New York Times of the scandal, 'There is not something I'm doing wrong, and I think there is a difference between hiding and creating a boundary.
'I was born in Boston. I spent time in Boston and in Spain. My family now lives in Spain. I moved to New York when I was 19 years old and I have lived here ever since,' she told the paper. 'For me, I feel like I have spent 10 years sharing that story over and over again. And now it seems like it’s not enough.'
В операционном блоке Витебской больницы скорой медицинской помощи 21 января лилась вода с потолка. Как сообщили работники больницы, коммунальную аварию устранили примерно через 4 часа: «Все это время санитарки, медсестры и врачи выносили воду ведрами». Видео «потопа» разместил телеграм-канал «Белые халаты. News». БСМП в Витебске принимает пациентов с коронавирусной инфекцией.
— «Потоп» начался в четвертом часу дня в коридоре на третьем этаже хирургического блока, — рассказывают сотрудники БСМП. — Там находится операционный блок, и коридор ведет к десяти операционным. С крыши текла теплая вода. О ЧП сразу же известили руководство больницы. Однако вода лилась часа четыре, пока не приехал сантехник и не устранил течь.
Из-за чего произошел «потоп», медики не знают:
— Скорей всего, прорвало какую-то трубу, но мы не вникали в причину аварии. Мы были заняты другим. Санитарки, медсестры и врачи бегали с ведрами и тряпками и убирали воду.
Операций в этот момент не было.
— И это — просто счастье, что никого не оперировали. Ведь был риск, что из-за потопа «коротнет» проводка. В соседней комнате по этому коридору находились двое пациентов с коронавирусом — на кислородных точках. Они, конечно же, были под наблюдением медиков.
Сейчас в оперблоке все нормально, последствий «потопа» нет, говорят сотрудники БСМП.
Осенью 2020 года, когда началась вторая волна коронавируса, в витебской БСМП создали центр, координирующий госпитализацию пациентов с COVID-19. Скорая помощь со всего Витебска, а также из регионов привозит сюда пациентов с признаками острых респираторных вирусных инфекций.
Если человеку ставят диагноз COVID-19, его госпитализируют в одну из больниц, где есть инфекционные койки. Тех, кто не нуждается в стационаре, отправляют на амбулаторное лечение. Если же коронавируса нет, но больному нужна госпитализация, он едет в медучреждение по профилю.