Солнечно12 °c
75.86 90.46
Шансон
Классика
Джаз
Дискотека до 90-х
Русская поп-музыка
Зарубежная поп-музыка
Металл
Латино

22 Ноя 2020, 05:41
FDA grants emergency use of Covid treatment given to Trump

The FDA on Saturday authorized the emergency use of an experimental antibody treatment from Regeneron for mild and moderate cases of the coronavirus that was given to President Donald Trump in October.

The drug is a cocktail of two monoclonal antibodies that mimic the body’s natural defenses against the virus. The emergency authorization allows the drug to be used in adults and children over the age of 12 with mild to moderate Covid-19 symptoms who are at high risk of progressing to severe disease or requiring hospitalization. The treatment is not authorized for patients who are hospitalized due to the coronavirus or who require oxygen therapy.

Regeneron has published data from a late-stage trial showing that the antibody reduces the amount of virus in a person’s body, and may speed recoveries.

“Authorizing these monoclonal antibody therapies may help outpatients avoid hospitalization and alleviate the burden on our health care system,” FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn said in a press release.

Background: President Donald Trump, who received the Regeneron antibody cocktail during his bout with Covid-19 in early October and referred to the drug as a “cure,” pressured the FDA to quickly authorize such treatments. Eli Lilly also won an emergency authorization for its antibody drug earlier this month. The authorizations may make it more difficult for Regeneron and Lilly to complete their ongoing studies, and for trials of other antibody treatments to attract participants.

Supply: Regeneron says it will have enough antibody doses for about 80,000 people by the end of the month. By the first week of January, doses are expected to be available for 200,000 patients in total, and 300,000 people by the end of that month.

The Trump administration has signed a $450 million deal with Regeneron to provide up to 300,000 doses of the drug cocktail at no cost to Americans. However, health care facilities can charge fees for the administration of the treatment.

But Regeneron CEO Len Schleifer has warned that there won’t be enough antibody treatment doses for everyone who needs one. Regeneron is working with Roche to boost manufacturing capacity and next year it could have as many as 2 million doses to treat Covid-19, or between 4 million and 8 million doses to help prevent people from getting sick.

What’s next: The Department of Health and Human Services will begin to distribute Regeneron’s antibody, potentially in a way that’s similar to Lilly’s antibody. The drug will be allocated on a weekly basis, and will be based on the number of coronavirus cases in each state.

Добавить комментарий

27 Ноя 2020, 01:46

В столичных парках, подведомственных департаменту культуры Москвы, с 27 ноября откроются катки с искусственным льдом. Об этом говорится в группе парков «ВКонтакте».

«В связи с эпидемиологической ситуацией катки в предстоящем зимнем сезоне будут работать по особым правилам», — отмечается в сообщении.

Билеты на каток можно будет приобрести только онлайн. Ссылку на них разместят на сайте нужного парка, посетителя также смогут воспользоваться табличками с QR-кодами при входе на каток.

Всем желающим прокатиться придется зарегистрироваться по специальному QR-коду. Действует та же схема, что и ранее отработанная в московских барах и кафе. Если заболеет кто-то из посетителей, о возможной опасности будут оповещены все, кто мог с ним контактировать.

Места на катке и в его помещениях будут ограничены. Москвичей просят приходить заранее во избежание очередей.

При входе на каток проверят температуру, в прокате снаряжения и раздевалках необходимо быть в средствах индивидуальной защиты.

Бесплатные искусственные катки будут работать в следующих парках:

Ранее московский оперативный штаб сообщал, что катки в городе не планируется отменять, и они откроются, в том числе на Красной площади и ВДНХ.

Власти города также украсят столицу традиционной праздничной иллюминацией. Мэр Москвы Сергей Собянин уточнял, что горожанам не запретят свободно гулять по улицам на Новый год.

Рождественские ярмарки и фестивали в этом году проводиться не будут. Отменены все массовые зрелищные мероприятия, ограничена ночная работа клубов, дискотек, общепита и т.д.

25 Ноя 2020, 13:17

Christian Wilkins is no stranger to making a sartorial statement on the red carpet.

And the 25-year-old showcased his outlandish sense of style yet again on Wednesday, while at the ARIAS red carpet.

Christian, who is the son of Nine's veteran entertainment reporter Richard Wilkins, opted for a $680 Gucci swimsuit which he paired with wide leg pants.

The blonde bombshell finished his look with a pair of floral sandals along with a pair of square, purple-framed sunglasses.

Christian allowed his long, blonde tresses to frame his face. He appeared to go fresh-faced by flaunting his makeup-free complexion.

'It's #AriasAtHome and i'm still not the most famous person on the carpet,' Christian wrote, clearly joking as dad Richard basked in the sun on a deck chair.

A lover of the limelight, Christian has stepped out of Richard's shadow in recent years thanks to his growing catalogue of statement-making red carpet appearances.

Christian, who came out as gay in 2018, never shies away from bold colours, textures and patterns, pushing the envelope in terms of both length and gender stereotypes.

'People used to call me a girl all the time because I was a gay guy who was very flamboyant, and did dance and singing,' he said on his podcast, Radical Fashionism, last November.

'People always used to call me a girl, and I always found that such a strange diss, because I feel like in order to be offended by something, what they're calling you needs to be offensive.'

Christian has been busy promoting his new series, Eden, on on-demand streaming service Stan.

For his 'very Nordic character', the socialite, who has carved out a name for himself as a model and stylist, dyed his locks and eyebrows white, and loves his look.

'It is my first proper acting role so to really commit to an aesthetic for it has been so much fun,' he told Sydney Confidential recently.

'Acting has always been my numero uno so to be able to live my dream to do it feels so validating.'

30 Ноя 2020, 17:46

Прокуратура Армении завела уголовное дело по статье о финансировании терроризма, сообщило агентство News.am.

Ранее власти республики неоднократно заявляли, что в боях в Нагорном Карабахе на стороне Азербайджана участвовала Турция, поставляя военную технику и наемников.

По информации прокуратуры Армении, «ответственные должностные лица военно-политического руководства Турции <...> предоставили денежные средства, а также оружие и боеприпасы международным террористическим группировкам «Султан Сулейман Шах» («Аль-Амшат»), «Сукур», «Аль-Хамзат», «Султан Мурад» и выбрали среди членов группировок наемников-террористов, чтобы обеспечить их беспрепятственный переход через границу Сирии и Турции в Азербайджан».

С конца сентября в боях на стороне Азербайджана выступили более 2 тыс. таких наемников, считает ведомство. В связи с этим прокуратура Армении возбудила уголовное дело по ч. 2 ст. 217 УК (финансирование терроризма, совершенное группой лиц по предварительному сговору или организованной группой). Максимальное наказание по ней составляет 12 лет лишения свободы.

Бои между Арменией и Азербайджаном, спорящими о статусе Нагорного Карабаха почти 30 лет, возобновились в конце сентября. Обе стороны понесли потери, пострадало мирное население региона.

Армения считала, что на стороне Азербайджана воевала Турция, которая якобы поставляла ему технику, в частности дроны и истребители F-16, а также военных специалистов и наемников.

Премьер-министр Армении Никол Пашинян утверждал, что у Еревана есть «полные и исчерпывающие доказательства, что тысячи наемников были завербованы в Сирии, перевезены Турцией в Азербайджан и вовлечены в военную агрессию против Нагорного Карабаха». Кроме того, в конфликт были вовлечены террористы и спецназ Турции, говорил он. С разных командных пунктов по всему фронту, по словам Пашиняна, атаками руководили около 150 высокопоставленных турецких военных.

Баку и Анкара обвинения в использовании наемников опровергали. В то же время Турция поддержала Азербайджан в конфликте и сообщила о готовности помочь ему войсками.

9 ноября Армения, Азербайджан и Россия заключили соглашение о перемирии в Нагорном Карабахе. Согласно ему, Ереван выведет из региона свои войска и передаст Баку часть территорий. Соблюдение перемирия проконтролируют российские миротворцы.

FDA grants emergency use of Covid treatment given to Trump читать читать онлайн последнее важное форум Buckshee Бакши спроси у Бакши Buckshee

buckshee
Бакши работает